Re: Illumination and reincarnation

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_g1lL7HDgOw258YsRPdPGijUCIHOyizTn_UQXrALJmmD6G5WSxmbO0Z-nTHT>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 18:02:06 -0400

Namaste:
I apologize in advance for my mystical blathering.

> > > But compassion, as much as anger or desire, is an emotion that one
> > ought
> > > to have transcended.
> > > Thus a bodhisattva is a "failed mystic" as much as Sheng Seleris is.
> > The
> > > only difference is that Sheng does it for selfish reasons, and a
> > > bodhisattva for selfless ones. But both fail to transcend...
> >
> > Kevin already answered this very well.
>
> Yes, indeed.

To further belabor the point: Sheng Seleris embraces worldly ambitions, and gained power akin to a Demon Lord. Mairnali Har chooses to suffer for the sake of the world, and now is considered the Goddess of Compassion.

Personally, I find Mother Mairnali's example to be a lot more Enlightened, but I'm biased. (Take a look at my .sig)

> > True liberation
> > occurs first when everyone has transcended.
>
> There is no "everyone."

There is no "one" or self, either. Some would argue that there is no difference between Samsara, the world of temptations, and the liberated state of Nirvana. If you still see the difference between the two states, you are still trapped by that duality. (10M14+ contest with the All.)

> Well, enough of that. I'm just glad it is not a real personal problem,
> just a game delimma for me.

There is no "game."

--
-Santo