Demons, hell and chaos

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_KlMRRJ1N0kBuxnjIULCR8Q3BBCZQzkfbcg8ZxUSksf2HQ_Ana9Vd_NQZ2dxLPDAc4lq>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 23:19:34 -0000

Writing up sorcerer characters for the Janube area I started thinking about demons.

One character has captured a storm demon and bound it's essence within herself. This gives her the the demon's abilities to draw on (windblasts, throwing lightning, flying along storms), and also gives her an infernal aura that makes animals nervous and propably doesn't help her relations with the Malkionist clergy.

I assume that she is a prime example of a godless sorcerer to a proper religious malkinist.

But what is the attitude of the church(es) towards demons? Also what are demons on Glorantha? Writing this character I was thinking of demons like those that the Blackhorse Troop rides. Infernal, but not chaotic. Is this the norm? What, ultimately, is the difference between demons of chaos and those that are more naturally a part of Glorantha?

  -Adept