Re: Forests and wildlands in Heortland, Sartar, Tarsh

From: Jerome Blondel <jeromeblondel_at_JAXqifk6iyVJjGFazNPhamjYEgRBwEY0FGbv5pIz4Kk63teLollU7FCra_Xguw>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:10:49 +0200

parental_unit_2 a écrit :
>> As a possible alternative I'd suggest something like Terra Preta des
>> Indios of the Amazonas bowl for Umathela, also known as "slash and
>> char". Too interesting not to be used.
>>

> I agree. Maybe this is the solution in Enkloso. There's a good
> popular description of the technique in Charles Mann's _1491_, which
> I think I've referenced on this list before.

I like the agroforestry method of the Highlanders of New Guinea that Peter Metcalfe mentioned. I like this because it makes the farmers dependent on the trees for their sustenance.

Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface révolutionnaire. http://fr.mail.yahoo.com