Re: Trollkin and trolls

From: donald_at_A0jDIz_lTKc7HeP2RzOGs3yNLR-vlZJmHS_6IWYMIS5iT5k2N6fRRARPiUVS2W8-Yprcq
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:55:12 GMT

In message <f4rfiq+3i0h_at_eGroups.com> "Jeff Richard" writes:

>> 10-20 to 1. I always used Whiteyes lair as a bit of a rule of thumb. It
>> probably fluctuates a bit because they eat some of them, and others go
>> feral and run around in packs outside of the normal clan structure.
>>
>> Actually, I wonder wy there were never any Trollkin Broo? Trollkin must
>> have been a pretty easy target for chaos in the rubble...

There probably are but who's going to classify all the different types of stunted humanoid broo? Also I suspect the mortality rate of trollkin broo will be very high given the nature of broo society.

>I remember the ratio being a bit lower than that. I vaguely remember
>Sandy saying it was about 5 to 1 in a normal community, but I can't
>remember that exactly. If I recall, Sandy wrote a short piece about
>why the trolls never managed to wipe out the elves of the Garden.

The Uz book says Enlo form up to 75% of a normal community.

I think the proportion of births is a lot higher than that but a high mortality rate can explain that.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/