Lunar otherworld

From: Dan Guillou <dguillou_at_1FuSVD8Iy59wtN3DapRehNIl1ZMuKo9wMeasl3unXgAdHwH6yn3AflBLQ7u9ObP37fj>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:49:13 +0200

Hi

In the thread "Demons, hell and chaos"
Greg said (in reply to Idunnowho):

>>Since the non-chaotic demons are from the underworld they are of
>>mixed nature, I guess? They aren't exactly essences, spirits or
>>daemons, but something like a mix of all that.

>Some.
>But the mixed nature of the Underworld doesn't mean that the denizens
>are mixed. That's the moon! It means that beings of all magical types
>live there.

Does that mean we are back to three otherworlds, and the Lunar Way mixing them up? (With some mysticism thrown in for spice.)

I would really like to think so, because to be honest, I was never really confortable with the ILHB2 version: "it may _look_ like sorcery, theism, or animism, but _really_ it is an otherworld and magic system all of its own, and the similarities to other systems are superficial and accidental artefacts of game mechanics". Or something... (Anyway, to me it always felt as if someone during mid production decided that the Lunar Way needed to be weirded up, and made a bunch of revisions that wasn't –imho, of course!– very well thought out.)

Cheers,
Dan