Grimoire/Adept nodes

From: Paul Albertella <glorantha_at_jOIPgvPemVaa1yoIDfzPwD0n1nG2baa92gxYXcRhk7oWO5KwdgtffjbeVfPMMBrh5z>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:07:40 -0000

It's clear from the HQ rules [HQ] that each grimoire has its own node, as distinct from the founder's node of its creator. We read that grimoires are "magically connected to the founder's node on the Saint Plane" and that "spell nodes connect to a saint's or founder's node on the Saint Plane". Furthermore, we're told that "creating a new grimoire requires that the adept create a new node on the Saint Plane".

Confusingly, however, there's a discussion in Arcane Lore [AL] of an apparently identical type of node, which exists on the Spell Plane instead of the Saint Plane:

"Each spell is connected to one or more adept nodes, the residual thoughts of the sorcerer who created or collected the spell. An adept node is the Other-world equivalent of a grimoire. "

So what are these adept nodes? Are they the same as the grimoire nodes that [HQ] refers to? And if so, why does [AL] say that they're on the Spell Plane, while [HQ] says that they're on the Saint Plane?