Re: Grimoire/Adept nodes

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_IdEAnxz_uysm2yEh6ijopFqNAYuSaiuE4pVL49lWmmF0_W2oOYETizzBYEmYR2bcZAoWn>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:29:11 -0700

> It's clear from the HQ rules [HQ] that each grimoire has its own node,
> as distinct from the founder's node of its creator. We read that
> grimoires are "magically connected to the founder's node on the Saint
> Plane" and that "spell nodes connect to a saint's or founder's node on
> the Saint Plane". Furthermore, we're told that "creating a new
> grimoire requires that the adept create a new node on the Saint Plane".
>
> Confusingly, however, there's a discussion in Arcane Lore [AL] of an
> apparently identical type of node, which exists on the Spell Plane
> instead of the Saint Plane:

Arcane Lore has a lot of older bits and pieces. Not all (err, make that "almost none") are compatible with HQ-as-it-is. Much of AL is bits that seem to be HQ-compliant were chopped from the HW MS (for various reasons), and never upgraded to H*Q*.

While AL came out after the main HQ rules, it should not be considered as over-riding the HQ concepts, as most of the the pieces of AL are all older (sometimes *much* older) than HQ

RR