Glorantha and faerie

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_1UgTIxMaJVTXomHdni-j9ltlkiuFdPPHu73GT5VQbe9Jt19h6nryD5NLsoTYNlK2Gev>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 00:04:07 -0000

I'm mostly thinking about the West again.

Is there any room on Glorantha for faerie*? The West has Luathela in the far west, and Altinela to the north, of course, but those are not quite what I'm thinking about.

  *Faerie as a place with strange logic and denizens

I guess on some level any elf forests will be enchanted and strange (think Mononoke Hime) but the elves are rather physical and directly dangerous. Parhaps heroquesting and Weak Spots (where the border to the otherworld is extremely thin) are the source of faerie like wonder, danger and magic. The dreamworld is another source, of course, and one I feel I have to explore.

  -Adept