Re: A quick thought on Scorpion Men

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_ZTiModhD_uzUrzMOQDgT9Su-jw_s9XLHHBEXw4j4BGImc_CioyNDAqxVpCVJMI1BYM4>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 16:10:06 -0000

[Adept]
>> Have you guys ever wondered what the point is with _male_ scorpion
>> men?
>>
>> Is the men in the species name just a misunderstanding? Could it be
>> that all scorpion folk are at least potentially female, with only
>> the dominant one actually laying eggs?

[Ian]
> God protect us from the sort of people who bring real world > evolution into Gloranthan discussions...

I'm rather trying to think about them as a chaotic species that doesn't have to fit the normal male/female pattern. It just struck me when reading Lords of Chaos that there doesn't seem to really be any need or justification for males at all in their arrangement.

Heck, I may end up running with this. Who's to say that the males one sees running around aren't sexless drones anyway, and the way to become a breeder is to become the queen. Seems creepier and more alien to me this way.

  -Adept : admittedly a biologist