Re: A quick thought on Scorpion Men

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_omSD63gRQRTwaxzYXfuz5IzpqfwPBDCt4dW-qRu89lG0--SY0CmfWeNrYN_XNX4knq9Qm>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:31:55 -0700

> They are chaos afterall, and said to be "more scorpion than man" even
> in the oldest sources that mention them. The Alien Queen (from Aliens)
> look would indeed be pretty cool.

I think that Scorpions are wierd enough on their own that we don't need to go towards Aliens or termites for inspiration - this is an insect that gives birth to live young! if that ain't chaotic enough, some species of RW scorpions are parthegenic - they don't *need* males to have young!

Who cares what the mating ritual is? No Player hero is going to survive getting close enough to see it anyway (unless that hero happens to be the Queen, or a very quick Scorpion*man*).

Young scorpions ride their mommy's back - can you imagine the boost in fighting power that might give her? A bunch of half-meter/18 inch Scorpionman, err, "pups" scurrying around and getting in the way...

Keep Scorpionmen like Scorpions, you don't have to go very far for wierdness!

RR