RE: Re: A quick thought on Scorpion Men

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_VqtwXvlw6Y9p8AR1BJ0tahA8jFDTr1qhv9lEX8O3_swXfkh8zXGmGFHLETktJj395vt0>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:27:32 -0300

RR:
I said *survive*. A nuptial gift probably won't be reporting back on the mating habits of the Scorpionfolk!

Unless there's a Zorro-alike nearby. Or you dress yourself up as a really hunky scorpion man carrying a woolly mamoth present. Could get quite interesting.

It's just, you know, more interesting than the souped-up page from the Monster Manual approach. It gives an actual *reason* for a villain not to kill you immediately, beyond the obligation to explain in detail how he's going to kill you and to go Nyahahaaaaaa. That was also why I thought the social insect analogy interesting - demands more cunning than unleashing a swarm of Uroxi back at them.

Sam.