Re: A quick thought on Scorpion Men

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_mv0H1b_GgGz5HBzoTmEdpB0jYSrnZuv8hRyyFuU4476jxiSxGvnapWwXcIPspotbGZVI1>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:20:26 -0700

I am just starting to get this image of the scorpion men as neonazi extremists stockpíling arms for the day they finally decide to run everyone else out of town.

You're getting them confused with Aldryami, who *are* stockpiling seeds for "That Day". It's part of the Big Elf Plan To Conquer The World - Greg has mentioned it a few times at cons and such. It's like the Dwarf plan to plug Magasta's Pool, or the Troll plan to sail around on a chewed-off Valind's Glacier.

I think the Scorps are just planning on gorging on sentient beings for a few years, then unleashing a host of (semi)intelligent Scorpionmen to eat everything in the world - a plague of locusts in scorpion form... But this is their everyday plan, when they can just get around to it. Long-range planning doesn't come easy to the scorps. Like broos, they suffer from one of the many forms of CCADD (Chaos-Caused Attention Deficit Disorder). Even Queens are probably susceptible to this. So they spend a little while makeing great grandiose planns and... oooh, dinner is served!

RR