RE: Re: A quick thought on Scorpion Men

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_NYISHH3Rwsv5rZ62K6IekcmaWxuRZksdP5j4H-toR8JM3kAlwUa4Dfe3zXf6DLAGWtn1>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:46:09 -0300

Peter:
At 10:28 a.m. 21/06/2007, you wrote:
>wrote:
> > Hence some
> > scorpionfolk live in hives and lay eggs while others are nomads that
> > bear live young.
>
>I keep violating my own "no bringing the real world into things" rule,
>but *no* real world scorpion lays eggs...

Whatever. Gloranthan Scorpionfolk do lay eggs.

--Peter Metcalfe

And hand grenades.

In fact, the Tribble Tribe of Lower Farnwollop have live young but they are very furry and rather cute, if in a monstrous way. Only batbroo have a cuter way of saying meep than do they. They only sting (or rape and pillage) if they don't get stroked often enough. They reproduce asexually and rapidly. They get stuck in the Transporter. They can clog up the warp Drive something terrible too. Kirk...carries one...in
his....trousers..........to...impresss....the ladies. You might have noticed he gets distracted on occasion.

The Bovva Beasts go on seventeen year migrations, bivouacking every night in a tent made of their own bodies. They lay their eggs in the soft sands wherever they go and these spend seventeen years underground until they all emerge together and make a fearsome din.

BTW, if scorpion men are unintelligent, there's no requirement for the queen to have any intelligence. Social insect queens seem to get by.

Sam.