Re: A quick thought on Scorpion Men

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_Ba7cv6OqQrxCSQR6TiIyCh4wgD-n3YsyFNmnd6pG_PUQl_S0PrMGhWoeWjOyuK9Jq1K>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 07:19:43 -0000

Sam Elliot:
> BTW, if scorpion men are unintelligent, there's no requirement for
the queen
> to have any intelligence. Social insect queens seem to get by.

Scorpionmen are intelligent, can learn and use magic and are not simply beasts.

However, the further removed they are from a Rebirthed individual, the less intelligent they get. So, after three or four generations they are stupid but sentient.

So, you get a burst of activity with clever scorpionmen and then the doldrums set in until they get another person to eat. I see a scorpionman tribe as having to eat someone every few years, just to keep the tribe nice and bright.

See Ya

Simon