Re: A quick thought on Scorpion Men

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_LmrufUcI2GmzShbuVrvO9oSRBwunGcMxg1d2hItnsgBD_ID_D2uQOJygykSxGJxF9vl>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:19:32 -0000

> Rather than making a canonical decision that all prior sources are
> codswallop, can I make a modest suggestion? Instead of assuming
> that the Scorpionfolk are based on only one type of scorpion that
> reproduces parthogenetically, it might be better to assume that the
> folk are instead based on broad spectrum of species. Hence some
> scorpionfolk live in hives and lay eggs while others are nomads that
> bear live young. Some queendoms have no males while other
> queendoms are really a warrior aristocracy. Because the folk
> are chaotic, all these types are fertile with each other and they
> can even change reproductive behaviour based on the circumstances
> (Heroes smash a scorpionfolk hive that was based on aliens - the
> few surviving females become nomads that bear live young).
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

Excellent logic Peter. The scorpion men are a chaotic horror afterall, and the structure of their society is supposed to not be known (uh, clumsy language, but you get the point).

My favorite is the parthonegetic scorpion model with live young (mini scorpion men), but it's good to have variety in one's chaos horror.

  -Adept