New Venue for Continuum 2008?

From: Continuum 2008 <Continuum2008_at_Xm21iBYBiSU2nZexEzSi3QHV5FEwIpA54W4kNl2P-MQOM20olMKKVprFP8Vb1O>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 11:13:59 +0100

0 *Continuum 2008*. New Hall, Leicester University. UK. Friday 1st - Monday 4th August 2008.
http://www.continuum.uk.net

Well we will have a brand spanking new venue for Continuum 2008 on the Friday 1st to Monday 4th August 2008.
The New Hall [also known as the John Foster Hall] Manor Road, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 2LG, is part of the University of Leicester's halls of residence.
Completed in October 2006, this is a brand new building with modern conference facilities.

*The amphitheatre in front of the main Conference Building *

The Continuum Committee have a site meeting this weekend where we will have a good look around at the venue to check its suitability for our needs. The good thing is that we will have a greater number of en suite bedrooms to offer our membership along with more conference space to use for gaming rooms.

The conference organisers at the University of Leicester have sent us these publicity photos of the venue and they do look fantastic! I am certainly looking forward to seeing the new venue so expect more photographs as I snap away.

*The Conference Building entrance foyer. Note the plasma screen.*

*The Swithland & Tilton conference room. Note the sliding partition that
makes it two rooms.*

*The Oakham & Rothley conference room. Note the sliding partition that makes
it two rooms. *

*The Main Dining Hall.*

*The Bar!*

*See some more photos here:*

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darran/...7600421716341/ <http://www.flickr.com/photos/darran/sets/72157600421716341/>

Cheers,
|Darran

Furnace 2007 http://www.rpgfurnace.com
A role-playing convention in Sheffield, UK

'A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part' <http://darransims.blogspot.com/>-http://darransims.livejournal.com/