Re: When feats fail catastrophically

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_1DIjPqJoQhdI5rMAvPbxvwmV7cQ_oe1wy52JQ-9u-JK76bOuT387BNoDmyy0Fwxc>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:48:26 +0100

On 26 Jun 2007, at 13:57, valkoharja wrote:

> Are there guidelines or suggestions on how to handle truly spectacular
> failure with a feat or other sorts of theistic magic?
> So when a Destor cultist tries to throw his opponent to the ground
> with a windblast and fails catastrophically... what happens?

I always liked the elfquest idea that basically planted a seed of badness. This could grow over the years. Perhaps in glorantha it could be a seed of chaos taking many years to fester until it erupted.

I can't remember all of the details, some people might like the idea.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433