Re: When feats fail catastrophically

From: Rob <lamorak33_at_uo45bZZstYwdei8Fvn9fIisbJovQBMsW79XD31U_4rhuJ0h2sUVckhQ0m66XUmUihi>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:25:49 -0000

I don't think you can 'anger' them in that way. I would see that as a pull against the compromise. The gods gave up their right to be angered in this way. Only events of a magnitude or mythic resonance like the apotheosis of the Red Goddess, the God Learners, etc, have the power to awaken the gods.

When I ran my Whitewall game one of the aspects of the attack of the Crimson Bat was that was the moment in the great Lunar ritual to kill Orlanth. Of course they failed but during the attack they see the Ohorlanth cloud form and saw dark strands, like a web form, all above Whitewall, if only for a moment. After the battle the storm cloud remained hovering over Whitewall, stuck there until they could 'defeat' the Orlanthi and thus mythically 'kill' Orlanth, causing the windstop.

Fun!! :^)

Regards
Rob