RE: The limits of a wyter

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_GqGhdrRr8RLbWOvPAoyilHImnETVZw0bNe0YoqLRFsx1fT2P-mrsR8i6CEABjOD-PvxI>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 09:29:43 -0300

Sergi:
> That left me thinking... I know that the wyter warns the clan when
> there is a raid, even a cattle raid. It supposedly warns the clan when
> someone enters the tula with hostile intentions. Then, what happens
> when some people enter the clan, asks for hospitality, but their true
> intentions are assassinating a guest inside the chieftain's hall?
> Should the wyter warn about that? What are the limits on what a wyter
> can do?

This is where the wyter's ability to warn plays off against the assassins' relevant abilities and you roll. (Assassination is pretty hostile, I don't see why it would be different.) The only problem is that the PC's are not directly involved so can be a bit meaningless. Still, you can roll and then use the result to assure the PC's confidently that the wyter is perfectly happy (it failed its roll), to warn the PC's (but then do they run the risk of being inhospitable), not to tell them anything (so what magics were the assassins using etc, does this lead to an adventure hook, was there someone inside).

Sam.