Re: Ralios in the First Age

From: Greg <Greg_at_nE-cm8U-snB3vml4wt5ceMuLZgAbax6zGIsYQ0NhhDccMCL2JTLXB9wkq5tgq_BGJShpZ7d>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:28:04 -0800

YGWV Charlie wrote:

> I'm running a game set in Ralios during the 2nd Age. I was curious
> about the Stygian Empire that was there before in the 1st Age and

The Sytgian Empire did not exist in the First Age. It was founded by Arkat after his return from destroying Gbaji.

> details on the 1st Age in general.

Ralios in the Dawn Age was lightly populated, largely by hsunchen who were largely dominated by the Galanini, or horse people. Lightbingers entered the region from the south, and also over Kartonlin Pass. These missionaries brought the "light of the new age" to the inhabitants and converted many to the Lightbringer's religion. HOwever, the people didn't replace their native shamanic beliefs with the LB religion, but chose parts to use.

However, the LB religion did allow them to farm, increase their population, etc. Thus those gods who facilitated that were widely worshipped.

The area was an outlying part of the Empire of Friends (the Dorastor/Dara Happan combined political entity). It was called the Dari Empire by the Seshnegi, though it was never an empire it of itself.

Tanisor, heavily populated and a rival to Seshnela, was a part of the Dari Empire. The two lands warred a lot, and when Arkat led the Seshnegi and began to get the upper hand the leaders became Vampires to resist him, and called for help. People form all over Ralios sent help at various times. They were called "the krjalki," or "monster peoples" since they included dragonewts, dwarves and elves. Arkat, with the Sesnhegi and Brithini, destroyed Tanisor. Over several years Arkat conquered Ralios. He was successful until he was killed by the Iron Vrok.

After Harmast rescued Arkat from the dead they lived in Ralios for a while, and Arkat underwent conversion to become an Orlanthi. They raised an army and went to Maniria to carry on the war.

Ralios was relatively peaceful after that, and for centuries after Arkat returned and organized the Stygian Empire. The people were harmonious, and did not mind heir close interaction with the trolls.

--
Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.