Re: Darksense carried by darkness, brilliant!

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_ZjAl0GXZqBABqhr1CncZjSJH_ENuJmpQH0JrhgxiucBQWO08RRETHxzS14VMLhCQN-k>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:10:37 -0000

> How good is their sense of smell? I always consider it pretty much up
> there with dogs (i.e. a million times better than ours, this being
> the statistic I recall from university rather than hyperbole).
> Sam.

The large snout of the trolls is like the snout of dolphins. It's more involved with their darksense than their sense of smell. the primary sense of the trolls is the darksense, rather than smell as it is with dogs.

They may have a better sense of smell than humans or they may not. I don't think we need to load the Uz with an all round superior sensory package. They are already bigger and meaner than humans, and can see in pich-black darkness. Isn't that enough?

(Having said that, the human sense of smell is actually rather good. People who train their noses can do pretty impressive things with them.)

  -Adept