Re: Ernalda Options

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_nXXkeXL15HruLLwsRf57XwmGC0o_UxccIu_lGsSnaWUJfy3L1GVfohv_2dafDC6mBveo>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 01:31:34 +0800

In addition to other replies and without a lot of careful research:

I'd like to see the Earth Tribe side of the LBQ, perhaps the one where Ernalda goes to the Underworld facing trials on the way to lead Orlanth there, and hopefully where she has a role in the Compromise negotiations beyond merely being a passive reason for Orlanth to behave. By "LBQ," I mean several of the overlapping myths that comprise the LBQ. I can't remember where, if anywhere, I've seen these ideas, but I've used this myth cycle in my games.

I'd also like to see some initiation quests/myths spelled out for girls and boys. I've used "meet Second Son" and the "Orlanth's initiation (the one with the uncles)" in my games, but I'm sure there are variations - and these two seem more geared to the boys. One or more standard initiation myths, separated by gender, and maybe one or more examples of local, non-standard versions. (Beyond the sketches in TR, p. 60.)

I'd also like to see Ernalda's role as a critical thinker (if this exists) supported by a myth or so. Ernalda the creative and proactive problem solver/thinker, versus Ernalda the emotional pleader, Ernalda who waits patiently for Orlanth to realize he needs her advice, etc. I think of this approach as different from Orlanth's almost-trickster ad hoc plans. (This is also a role I've seen given to Vinga in some myths.)

Thanks,
Andy