Re:Back to Vinga

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_vPfmUHUS_gN4b93xTZoeNCgQHC1PhFeVdCLM4JEuivcaiBHqS-LaFImz-eMoEfim7qGd>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 01:27:45 +0800

On 7/6/07, Doyle Tavener <doyletavener_at_0FpGnB1xSNRqfhlDGt74ll_cqDsJUgGobb4AndMCQLgKDs8wGxcPo_LTbS70n83CdsaIO2NQn6KEi5uVrOb7SOdr.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> I do think that you will find same-sex sexual behavior in Vingans as
> a whole in about the same proportions as you find it among female
> professional athletes or female soldiers in the real world – a much larger
> proportion, perhaps 50% to 75%, but that's an anecdotal assertion on my
> part, I freely admit.

Anecdotally, I think you're incorrect in this. My short stint in the military was at a male chauvinist fortress, admittedly, and I didn't study this in school, but I think the assertion about the 50-75% among female soldiers is way too high. The proportion may be higher than in the rest of the population, but I doubt it's that high. This assertion seems like a good way to either make friends or start fights. I don't have any opinion on professional athletes.

Thanks,
Andy