Re: Darksense carried by darkness, brilliant!

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_xRPAGok-3-kbHTu5phsPBaHo6bL9EXB6YqYMJIu2uN-B85AWvcH8LsaniZCokp2LPM>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 09:01:59 +0200

Hello Friends

>Honestly, I've long toyed with the idea that elf "eyes" are just
>eye-spots, developed solely so that when dealing with non-Aldryami the
>meat-sacks don't freak out. Elfsense and detecting chemical (including
>scent) cues at high enough levels of sensitivity would do everything
>they need in terms of perception, and c'mon, everyone knows plants
>can't see.

We will see how plant like they are when the two aldryami books by Shannon will be published...

>It would be problematic with mostali, who are difficult for
>aldryami to perceive, and when they finally can be perceived "they all
>look alike".

The same the other way around:
An unmoving aldryami might not be distinguishable from a normal bush or small tree for a mostali. Not to speak from an aldryami who tries to camouflage himself!

Cheers

André