Re: Ernalda Options

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_vquYwCj8a8-ovPX7KDLiApD-fY86I4JO1x9MBeD88ASJ0ZQ-aDmpEYco9nBP>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 07:46:26 -0000

I guess I would like some idea about how Ernaldan heroquesting works in practice, if at all.

I'm told that Ernalda has an extensive mythology, but many of the myths I've seen in published works are Orlanth myths that have Ernalda only in a supporting role, or ritual-founding myths (e.g., how Ernalda taught the people the Goose Dance) which don't appear to have any opposition. The implication is that myths where Ernalda is the principal might be used rather differently than the Orlanth ones are.

So, it would be nice to see a story where a Heortling clan followed an Ernalda quest path to solve a problem and encountereed opposition along the way. If that simply isn't done, it would be nice to have a statement to that effect.

As always, I'm looking for examples that might provide ideas for games, but I realize that isn't what the book is about.

Rob