"Proactive" spirits?

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_VDfNvrbkhzVIkNEW7p2AEyFop6Ow2qlDd4Fqv2lKJzF6zDFzlmcxAdOOVahWkdpuy0kw>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 19:08:29 -0300

I'm no fan of the word proactive, but...

Animists seek to bind or otherwise persuade spirits to work with them. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that sometimes spirits look to animists to work with them.

Beyond aggressive attempts at possession by malignant spirits, and things of that ilk, are there any instances where the spirits seek the animist out?

The motives I can think of are wishing to achieve something in the mundane world (not sure what), repaying debts of some sort (say to ancestors) and seeking refuge in the mundane world (from big hungry spirits).

This ever been done? Any examples?

Ta.

Sam.