RE: Re: "Proactive" spirits?

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_oWvTDxStE-Lue2JpeHYVkqBwf8QoU5ExBo1-Wj4T2XmufvHTL6_7s6FmhJk6pbyuFF6e>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 07:39:18 -0300

Chris:

> The next best way is to become a guardian for a hero band. In
> Prax, the White Bull spirit is one such. It has an agenda.

Where can I read about this agenda?

> I would imagine that smaller spirits may also have agendas. They
> can be plot hooks, either to pull the characters along or to
> present challenges. The wood spirit calls all the children into
> the woods. Why? Is there something we need to do, or was it
> going to kill them?

Yes, it is probably these specific agenda(s?) I'm wondering about. I agree that they may have the full range of motives but I can't quite work out how some of them apply, except for the ancestor business.

> I would say that, at a mininum, they have nearly the full range
> of human reasons. Some may be trying to make the just from being
> a heroband guardian to being an independent practice.

Power then. Is it really so important to a spirit? Maybe. Is interaction with the mundane world going to help them achieve whatever it is they need to do in their own world, as is the case in reverse?

> Was that any help?

Yes thanks. There's something I'm trying to work out here, not quite sure what. Bottom line, I think, is...is a spirit gonig to come up to someone and say, please could you put me in your medicine bundle?

I guess the answer is yes, possibly.

Sam.

p,.s. Rory - ta :)