Re: Night Dragon Society, that's what it was!

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_ARObQVF8rb1iS531zD22XhKb8t0YRun8LvcWW4u0FZaf0uvN9RYtfvxe8pIuFF5f1Vh>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 00:19:03 +1200

At 10:45 p.m. 10/07/2007, you wrote:

>I thought dragonewts didn't do elemental worship though.

I assume the elemental taboo is only done by orthodox dragonewts as there are still plenty of heterodox dragonewt paths such as the Wyrms.

>One questions more. Would any remnants* of these guys be sorcerous,
>theistic, animistic, mystic or some mixture of the above with a
>darkness theme?

This gets into the question of draconic worship which is as yet undefined. The only draconic cult yet described is Thrunhin Dal's in Men of the Sea which describes her as a straight theistic deity.

Personally I would make dragon magic misapplied and restricted to the method of worshipping it (sacrificing to a dragon yields feats, venerating it yields spells etc)*. It wouldn't teach secrets but the magics if properly used can be used to obtain mystical consciousness.

--Peter Metcalfe