Re: Castle Coast and Malkioni Questions (Again)

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_Jlno7rYVUiRNqdBYZkH9rnh9jGmKA3q_g09qVzz_CPkkUtrp6HbNRig3DQutORjamoK>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:38:50 -0000

> So, here's a big old question dump. Anyone with answers, canon or
> made-up on the spot, share!

<snip>

> 3) Elf forests in the Coast? Yea? Nay? Anything that makes them special?

According to the Genertela Book:

"Seshnelan Islands: Five centuries ago this peninsula was shattered by an invasion of demigods, the Luatha, from the Land of the Setting Sun (also known as the Lands of Dusk)... The islands are thick with woods whose elves betrayed a thousand year old alliance when they attacked the Seshnegi. Since then their forest has spread widely and the elves have become shy and retiring and diligently avoid all outsiders. The archipelago is sometimes called Kanthor's Islands, just as the forests  (sic) was of old called Kanthor's Forest."

> 4) Who controls the mines in the Iron Mountains? Mostali? Seshnela?
> The Castle Coast? Arolanit? All of the above?

I think the iron from the Iron Mountains comes from the mostali. Seshnela is supposed to have much more iron than the rest of Genertela, but at least in my game this still means it's rare, pricey and something only the rare blacksmiths can properly work with.

> 7) Many, if not most, saints seem to have existed In Time. How
> exactly does this translate into Malkioni HeroQuesting - do these
> events within time still have timeless reflections on the Hero
> Plane? Are these saints themselves merely reflecting actions and
> stories performed BEFORE the Dawn by other mythic figures? Should I
> be focusing more on the Girl Twins of Jederes and Desdoram than on
> Gerlaint Flamesword and St. Shalara when writing myths?

Suffisciently significant mythical acts, even those performed after the dawn, are accessible on the Hero Plane. The siege of Clanking City is one example, I think, and the defining acts of the western saints should also qualify.

> 8) Speaking of myths, are there any proper Chaos "gods" in western
> myth that might still have active "Satanic cults" underground? I'm
> specifically looking at Chaos entities that provide Grimoires.
> Vivamort was big in Tanisor, and Dadamus may or may not be
> associated with Chaos, or just Darkness. And then, of course,
> there's The Devil. But who are his Demons other than Vivamort or
> Kajabor?

My take is that many, if indeed not most, of the chaos gods and demons known from elsewhere are present in the West. They are worshipped in the manner of saints, and provide liturgist style blessings and curses, or are the sources of grimoires. I don't think chaos entities truly fit the three-worlds-model, and are equally accessible to all forms of magical contact.

  -Adept