Re: Ernalda Options

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_uNrkVhi1MeB9_29DcfnLHMNbItZZntBt7Ypn7a1bXkScBDTh8mJtkQoVAA9Pev3ZzhreMKI>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:57:12 -0700

YGWV Quoting "Andrew Dawson" <asmpd01_at_...>

who has some good suggestions, but I will take a moment to correct some vocabulary choices.

> I'd like to see the Earth Tribe side of the LBQ,

> By "LBQ," I mean several of the overlapping myths that
> comprise the LBQ. I can't remember where, if anywhere, I've seen these
> ideas, but I've used this myth cycle in my games.

There is no Ernalda LBQ. She's not on the expedition. Just like there is no Yelm or Magasta LBQ. Yes, I know you meant "the Ernalda Resurrection Myth," but it is important to use the right words where we canin order to not confuse people who may be less knowledgable than you or I. To make a parallell in terms of illustration, no one would say "I'd like to see the the Polynesian side of the Spanish discovery of America."

> perhaps the one where
> Ernalda goes to the Underworld facing trials on the way to lead
> Orlanth there,

Such would be a part of her voyage.

> and hopefully where she has a role in the Compromise
> negotiations beyond merely being a passive reason for Orlanth to
> behave.

Of course, "in addition to" being a passive reason for Orlanth to behave.

However, I hope people are not expecting a parallel to the LBQ. Her purpose and powers are entirely diffferent.

Excellent request, Andy.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.