Re: Castle Coast and Malkioni Questions (Again)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_pvC7Jt7JcMF1vHLvBpaPTs7quVUiwBY2KN7F2vTXhcFohwb_nBB5TU1iJPRm2ZhqKs3>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:08:18 +1200

Ian:

>Me> IMO Zzabur sabotaged Malkion's ritual by not turning up
> > as stated in RM p9.

>Except that RM p13 tells us the Abiding Book, supposedly written by
>the actual hand of God himself, talks about Zzabur teaming up with
>Vit, Bamat, and Worlath to attack and kill Malkion.

Considering the identities of the other three villians, this looks to me more like an allegorical passage rather than a literal myth (as we know what Orlanth and Vith were doing in the same period). Malkion is being ripped apart and the various details of his torment are attributed to one or more of the Big Four. Mythically you cannot distinguish between the actual presence of the Big Four and their mastery over a portion of the world.

--Peter Metcalfe