Re: Back to Vinga

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_y_yD0M2nqq1bLz9qK1pFhlQHAx7du6THnmzF-tS0bPWFg25UVgbiAXK2sdW6mIUm0->
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:17:37 +1000

On 12/07/07, Greg Stafford <Greg_at_ReoMzdr_xnXu8wS_DNCTa1MA5my_y7EV1oayFnUrGYuIS75l5zdut8NSDEUN07UkBorTBe-8KRuitQ.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> Because the mythology is different there, and there is no need to make
> everything the same.

Fair enough, although one of the things that appealed to me about Glorantha was the way that a given phenomena had a plethora of different explanations in different cultural systems (i.e. the Darkness(es), the Sunstop). It's possible that I have become overly enthused with this.

> Because this list is a place where we can discuss differences from
> published materials, to open alternative ideas to the published canon,
> and where I allow myself to speculate and share unpublished materials.

Ah! I got the impression that the statement in ILH1 might be *deliberately* misleading, rather coincidentally misleading.

I'm trying to build up a picture of the way Holayans see things and I am looking for interpretations on Vinga that might fit (is she more like the Esrolian Vinga than the Sartarite Vinga?)

If Holay's Red Woman might not be Vinga, who might she be?

--
John Machin