Re: Castle Coast and Malkioni Questions (Again)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_OS0QMq1oAVjD16WgI3mI9r2YMxAHmvxfkHLSECgX4akRT5BmvPAW03Ib6MeaY2cpxKF>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:15:58 +1200

At 01:52 a.m. 12/07/2007, you wrote:

>I find this fascinating. It makes sense on the side of the Elves, but
>I quite honestly can't think of much the Elves would have to offer
>Luathans.

I think the answer is a) they weren't God Learners and b) they were so terrified of the Luatha that they would do anything the Luatha wanted.

>I also wonder if Malkion and Zzabur's "two-way communicator watch"
>spell exists today and is accessible to beings who aren't embodied Runes.

Long distance communication by magic does exist in glorantha but it's really only dramatic showy messages that get through and not a universal postal service. The only evidence so far is in the Middle Sea Empire

1007 *The Last Word* came through [from Jrustela to Seshnela].

         Some wizards still practiced long distance communication,
         and had kept some communications open on old channels
         and schedules.  In this year the last message came through
         from Jrustela.  It said "Damn the Torpedoes".

         Middle Sea Empire p28

>As for Saint Makri, I dunno. Isn't his story pretty much
>crediting him with bringing Malkionism to Pamaltela? I've seen saints
>canonized for less.

Malkioni Saints are not Christian Saints. To be a Malkioni Saint requires a magical discovery, a new revelation from God. And Makri is not the bringer of Malkionism to Pamaltela.

--Peter Metcalfe