Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_cGh6LafXoCvaRuiDIcTpPuQEtlpaeOd-Z3aPC6fQ4Bk4tj9LvS0WaWU3YGZikw9PNb>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:46:22 -0000

Which reminds me of something I was wondering about.

Some entities are worshipped in more than one manner, so that for example Elmal gives affinities to Heortlings, and gives blessings and spells to Aeolians (if that is arguable, let us just say that there are some gods who give spirit or spells due to mis-applied worship).

My question is, in some places, where people have very mixed religions--that is they typically practice both sacrifice and venerative worship, for example--might some worshippers get some functions as affinities, but others as blessings and spells? (or affinities and fetishes, or whatever).

I know this sort of thing is true in Teshnos, but there I think it has to do with the somewhat mystical nature of the beings worshiped there?

I'm looking at just how weird I can reasonably get for minor figures in Wenelia :-)

--Bryan