Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_FIDSY3Bf0mqQkiHF1KqzDku3KJSh55W2OAVdGlWXg3tTr7HJsokDwF_1wqdEARaJ55FyX>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:42:04 -0000

> My question is, in some places, where people have very mixed
> religions--that is they typically practice both sacrifice and
> venerative worship, for example--might some worshippers get some
> functions as affinities, but others as blessings and spells? (or
> affinities and fetishes, or whatever).
>
> I know this sort of thing is true in Teshnos, but there I think it
has
> to do with the somewhat mystical nature of the beings worshiped
there?

> I'm looking at just how weird I can reasonably get for minor
figures
> in Wenelia :-)
>
> --Bryan

I do know that some Wenelians and a few "gone native" Trader Prince Houses offer sacrifice to St. Caselian and Ashara, Mask of the Invisible God, and gain strange powers as a result of this (e.g. feats instead of blessings). However, most of the other Houses view these nigh-apostates with considerable suspicion.

Jeff