Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: Rob <lamorak33_at_M151kXx4-Wbb2LJYaKEaA4HWNWQk5RORCDlOZVxcG4FTBQVf5HKKVHiAEP3SLApCKy>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:09:39 -0000

I totally hear what you are saying here. However, the mechanism is trying to replicate the fact you can use a table knife as a screwdriver, but it will never be better than actually using the right screw driver! But if a knife is all you have/know then you make do. And don't forget, most of the people you know are working with the same restrictions so the problem is not usually accentuated. Its really only when you come across concentrated magic users that your magic starts to look a bit rubbish, but in 'real Glorantha' I believe that concentrated magic use is not the norm. Player characters yes, becuase of the rules on character advancement costs, but not your average everyday Gloranthan dude/duddette/thingy.

Regards
Rob