Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_T1Wg2mIew-zOl2hx7l_8JjAtGsQBYUG7na7efTVwe6XY700HOwny8oD9XRfHnF0yEYu>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 15:18:02 -0000

Roderick:

> While I would not make it impossible to start play as a
> Devotee, I'd make sure players knew that it wasn't normal by any means.
> People look at you wierd, and act differently towards you (sort of
like how
> normal people "act differently" around a raving street person...)

YGWV, but I calculated that the city which is the base for my Lunar campaign has 9% of its adult population at devotee level or equivalent (ordinate, etc.) So devotees are hardly the norm, but also hardly likely to be treated as raving nutters. Except for those devotees that *are* raving nutters, of course (Jakaleeli types, I'm looking at you...)

Of course, I realise that this won't be the same in other people's campaigns (including Greg's, one suspects), but it's what feels right to me. So, obviously, from my perspective, any rules that encourage a proportion of devotees around that level in big Lunar cities would get my support. The proportion would presumably be higher in, for example, Heortling lands, but I haven't yet done a big spreadsheet for that to figure out more precise estimates.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic