Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: David Dunham <david_at_2RSJBO-qmhsIme3fWDiY7rgt1ea50KW54Vj5TmsSc2mhiSNePvCsMN-5UPdc9BgjW7-lLh>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 10:29:18 -0700

Roderick

>While I would not make it impossible to start play as a
>Devotee, I'd make sure players knew that it wasn't normal by any means.
>People look at you wierd, and act differently towards you (sort of like how
>normal people "act differently" around a raving street person...)

In my current game, I've declared a house rule that your Devotee rating may be used as a flaw at the Narrator's whim. (After only 3 sessions it hasn't happened, though the devotee seems to be self-inflicting it.)

Jeff

>Additionally, I don't let folk augment divine magic with animism
>and so on.

Doh! I'll add this to my house rules. A simple way to emphasize the Three Worlds without getting in the way. (I'm pondering how Common Magic would be treated. Incompatible with divine magic since it derives from the Mixed World? Compatible with any of them? Only common magic feats are compatible? I lean towards #2 to make Common Magic cooler.)

--

David Dunham