RE: Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_Iw7Z3_Xq03ToBls9s5BE3rxStLyDuJSrUBJnBjB3ju9sMD9av4IB0OKxHgA-vAPKWf71>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:40:12 -0300

Monkey-lover:
> Trotsky, I think you're downplaying the unusualness of Devotion, and
> the common man's reaction. I'll make an analogy that reflects what how
> I see it, using a religion we're almost all familiar with, Christianity.

Ian - those other guys, who think they are clever, reacted cerebrally to what you wrote. I think you just crystallised it on an emotional level, quite perfectly. Well done, I shall now forgive you your strange acts with non-conspecific primates.

I remember meeting, after several years, a school friend who had become a Buddhist monk. He was the same person, except that he had worked out what he wanted to do with his life, but it was quite apparent that his role in society was different.

Sam.