Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_272J9o0EHRC2s75he0eeuSANjl9Eofklbvcn1orY2yfBcQunLixW1kegTkAoOYwb>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 02:09:15 -0400

On July 14, 2007 09:41 am, John Machin wrote:

> As previously mentioned, I pretty much came down with the last shower
> in terms of Glorantha fandom

Same here.

> All
> this talk about how concentration is rare is all well and good, but
> aren't heroes rare compared to everyone else?

Sure, but there is something far more interesting about a hero who has given up something in order to go on the path they are on than just one who gets a better hero point break.

> I took this to mean that investing in a single source of magic is poor
> in risk/reward terms because said source can be removed (i.e. Orlanth
> and Wind Stop - which is mentioned in Thunder Rebels).

And I think that's the interesting part. Making that trade off a significant choice for the character makes concentration interesting.

LC