Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_rYyAhK9TeYKLzgEVqKUomQ86JXxnIjd8swKTk0XGwkA0BPhB1LsRhbC7asCLLSFIym86F>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 23:17:01 -0700

>> All
>> this talk about how concentration is rare is all well and good, but
>> aren't heroes rare compared to everyone else?

Remember that there are "normal" heroes that follow the "rules" of gloranthan magic - Player hereos are even more rare than "heroes" in general.

>> I took this to mean that investing in a single source of magic is poor
>> in risk/reward terms because said source can be removed (i.e. Orlanth
>> and Wind Stop - which is mentioned in Thunder Rebels).

Normally this is not a problem. OiD is strange and different and scary because it has never happened before - at least not since the Dawn (or maybe the Sunstop...). An entire people losing their magic is unheard of. When it does happen, it's an Oh, wow" moment.

RR