Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_dsPSlRz02ar9EC2RTdb_kvE5PHgdSAcX8hLcxBicvNGZpf1yKnQocNrfRtIpbIEK3Paqcu2>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 00:54:42 -0700

YGV Quoting ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_P4o4TCIIkvwHmRWzIf28_305TRAdV_OMlLyxjc7dbsUBh3D_IwcRbv4z1x0_D20rcr-vnK_oK6SsyW_BFa4JL6iGCLk.yahoo.invalid>:

> L.Castellucci:
>
>> > I've pretty much ignored it, too. I've said that all common magic that
>> > is part of your culture is equally available, whether its officially
>> > described as feats, spells, charms or talents. All foreign common
>> > magic is equally unavailable, again, regardless of type. It's not
>> > whether its a feat or a charm that's relevant, its whether its part of
>> > your culture/religion or not.
>>
>> Which is how I think it is supposed to be.
>
> No; common magic is listed in the books (including the ones I write!)
> as feats, charms, spells, and talents.

Correct.
Many times the entities that provide CM ARE spirits, petty daimones or essences. That is, their magic provided works that way, and hey respond best to ceremonies done that way.

> That's not a distinction I use
> - effectively they're all talents IMG.

Officially, Talents come from entities that originate in the Everything World.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford