Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_9YIEbpKj_gI3u3XSGP15WNgVKrP7_fAdezcvPUuUjs5yXvgXX8OJbu-3Hjad3LEQrx6>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 14:20:40 -0000

Donald Oddy:

> >I take it from this that we can expect cultures which rely on
> >misapplied worship to be obliterated fairly early on as the hero wars
> >proceed then?
>
> Why? They'll probably remain as they are, minor groups on the fringes
> of more powerful ones. If they gamble their culture against a more
> mainstream one then they'll lose badly and probably disappear.

Not 'if', but 'when'; as I understand it, one of the central features of the Hero Wars is that, sooner or later, everyone *must* gamble their culture against outsiders. If you don't even try, you'll be obliterated for sure.

Of course, it might be that, as the barriers between the Otherworlds begin to break down as the Hero Wars progress, people like the Esvulari will begin to lose their disadvantage. Maybe they get the chance to prove that actually, wizardry is the best way to worship Orlanth. Or maybe they don't; time will tell.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic