Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: David Dunham <david_at_W-0V9aY2vC3Wlm_DNSwGx8xslP8FWPcKlaPS8syAdguIBBovOczxdQTcXmJBYTOR98HUZt>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 10:18:32 -0700

Greg

> > Additionally, I don't let folk augment divine magic with animism
>> and so on.
>
>I think I would.
>Part of what I envisioned is that characters might have a feat, spirit
>and spell for (say) Sword fighting, and then stack them, similar to
>the way that a Humakti might stack his three affinities.
>
>Sure, this makes hem powerful in the sword fight.
>
>Their particular weakness comes in *getting* these three magics, since
>by mixing they have weakened themselves in their Otherworld questing.

I'm confused by this. You can be an initiate and be given a charm by a shaman, can't you?

And how are they weakened in questing? Or are you saying that this is because they can't concentrate, and thus take the Alien World penalty? (If almost everyone practices mixed worship, then almost everyone is subject to this.)

--

David Dunham