Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: David Dunham <david_at_leyS4cbuj7f6Tnvjl7UoUcc_Z5ODPIkoT6WNGFHHfMZKhdvRoqfeGrFoA0Vlo-d-ZQCPNE>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:01:35 -0700

John

> > I do not believe that all cultures or magic systems have to have game
> > balance. Some work better than others. Period.

>I take it from this that we can expect cultures which rely on
>misapplied worship to be obliterated fairly early on as the hero wars
>proceed then?

Despite the importance of magic in Glorantha, I don't think this is a given. A culture might not "work" as well as another, but still be the best suited to its environment (and thus hard to displace). It could be in an area nobody cares about. It could have powerful mundane advantages such as access to trade routes.

And "better" cultures may have disadvantages, such as many enemies, lack of access to the sea, internal dissension...

--

David Dunham