Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_4N8CwPXUm-PeLLVOSeZ8-2ShzmipaqpEfOHJ52lOPa4c4-Dt0NexV7VUeZPmkS5qPg>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:47:08 +1000

On 16/07/07, Greg Stafford <Greg_at_Sos96Zl8_QtQ8eyQlrGHfKAIE6-qarwLNJ3-QHJc-5btLsnhxYwd9weKEoYSr5azAb_h2uwVuKM.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> <snip! - some good stuff that I felt needed no further coment>
> But you are thinking through the rules, as is common; not from the
> setting and the story. You realize that no one in Glorantha ever says
> "I have concentrated magic." No one ever says, "Why do we spend to HP
> for a point in magic?"

Perhaps it is an assumption on my part, but is it incorrect to take the increased HP cost as indicative of some "additional effort" on the part of Gloranthans?

Also: what happens, from the perspective of a Gloranthan, when they undertake the Selfrock ritual? Why do some of them choose to perform it?

> Let us see what comes out of the new edition that will be done after
> the QW rules make heir appearance.

Looking forward to it! :)

--
John Machin