Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_nx8bGDXjLdIaUfh9NqSkpIoZbmWZtsjyndGrSNQ_MSE567I5JOUJJ6yimAq18vADFTr5Rkr>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:39:34 -0700

Quoting Jeff Richard <richaje_at_HAEKsmaC_vVku0c4Z6DwsXwuWh-GIyFwu_vb2baZYKvJYi40eIXpcEE9XV_lJ-pJ-GPiMc8kw0oB5bU.yahoo.invalid>:
> Actually, I suspect that in a future edition of the rules, Initiates
> will learn feats and devotees will be able to improvise (without penalty).

This is probably what I would prefer, with some kind of limit on the number of Initiate feats.

HOWEVER, I am curious to know what peoples' reactions would be to this, which is something of a major change. A lot of people are still whining about the differences between RQ and HQ imposed by a change in the entire system. This would be a change within the system.

I am not asking for everyone to get into a debate with each other about the virtues of this or that. I would like to see individual reactions to changes being made int he rules.

Noe that rewriting the magic section to make the dominance of mixed religions is not a change in the game system. I think that ought to be done anyway.

But changing the system so that Initiates get feats but cannot improvise--that is a change.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford