Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at__6hSghhPXc7AGLVACF8nGXPyATMXtkJDl5Sm4tH-T0khcug431KQAE6Zd0kRX9b-yC7>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:02:03 -0000

> Quoting Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>:
> > Actually, I suspect that in a future edition of the rules,
> > Initiates will learn feats and devotees will be able to improvise
> > (without penalty).
>
> This is probably what I would prefer, with some kind of limit on the
> number of Initiate feats.
>
> HOWEVER, I am curious to know what peoples' reactions would be to
> this, which is something of a major change.

Makes perfect sense to me. Initiates having to learn individual for their affinities and being able to use them as active magics sounds right. They should still be significantly less powerful than devotees.

I've toyed with limiting initiate ability levels to something like 20w myself.

Devotees should be able to improvice feats (not initiates) but not without a penalty. What would be the point of having learned the feat then? It's still a powerful thing to be able to improvice active feats at -10.

  -Adept