Re: Active magic

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_8K5qPk-weKE1zrIrLF4m5AGZol1-rmfCODFrOPecpzDkP-XG2ZhjlDi_beyfiCgMqxJ2a>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:11:48 -0700

>> Will someone please help this old man out and:
>> 1. define Acive Magic

as Castelucci said

It is only
> available to folks who have concentrated their magic.

Incorrect.

Practitioners can use spirits in Fetishes as active magic.

Orderlies and Adepts can use spells as active magic. Liturgists can use Blessings and Curses as active magic

The difference is that initiates don't get to use feats as active magic without a penalty. (Page 118: "A hero cannot use an affinity as active magic. ... An initiate *can* improvise any named feat... as an active ability with a -10 penalty (-5 if he has concentrated his magic use)."

>> 2. point out to me the page where it states theists don't have any
> at
>> the initiate level.
>
> Initiates theists can have it if they concentrate, though I think they
> may have to buy the feats separately or in addition to their affinities.

Wrong. They have a penalty to use, the value of which is dependent on Concentration. Page 118, "Affinities"

RR