Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_DfuENfy33yr2q6PVaQ_5y2kcRjVT5TgrFZ9Xv7jNZ_NbtJcsCnNcVgPhx9MQmdji>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:39:47 -0400

*nod*
My first stab at it would be something like "learn active feats" but you can't improvise new ones for Initiates. You can augment with the affinity as before however (allowing very broad augment powers).

I might limit Initiates in that they cannot RAISE the Feat beyond thier affnity level - not sure about that.

Devotees would be able to cement and raise feats, and also improvise feats they haven't yet learned for -10 and maybe feats they have only heard of but never seen before for -20.

(I am not a fan of concentration reducing improv modifiers, nor of it reducing hero point cost. I'd limit concentration to things that involve the purity of your magic - Otherworld travel, counterspelling, etc.)

I am not sure what I would do with the limit of considering the affinity as a single ability and therefore no augmenting with it on a feat from that affinity. I suspect I wouldn't change that.

LC